Saturday, August 29, 2009

On the other Friend/Why you may hate me

The past week or so has been exceedingly hectic America. I have been slammed at work; the seasonal nature of our product results in violent fluctuations in business. Understandably there is far less motorcycle selling/fixing going on in say December than there is now in August. At least in this hemisphere. Marissa has been a crabby appleton, having slightly over-extended herself, through no fault of her own, by having both friends and family visit Bend at the same time, all competing equally for her time and affection. As the stoic, non-complaining, gentlemanly, and all around wonderous boyfriend, it has fallen to me to entertain her guests while she is otherwise engaged. In the past few days I have gone out to dinner with her stepdad and his mother, and spent some quality bonding time with her friend Molly, a truly lovely and interesting young woman.

Molly's days have been full of beer drinking, white water rafting, long motorcycle rides through the mountains, and all around good fun. All she had to do to come here was get fired from her job and spend her life savings on a plane ticket. Hint America. This could be you too.

Right now i'm getting ready to hit the pool hall with Nick, but I will update you with curious stories and entertaining anecdotes from my week when I return. I know. I'm excited too.

No comments: