Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Birthday Weekend, part 1

And so it came to pass that the Giant and Adventurous Maximus did contact each other last week and plan a most secretive rendevous. We decided that instead of purchasing birthday presents for each other, we would go halves on a plane ticket for me to come home for the weekend. My requirements were thus. Big Momma not know about me coming. Cino not know about me coming. James pick me up at the airport with beers.

Halloween night I was invited to a party at Heather's house. You remember Heather, she is the girl I work with that I cannot decide is pretty or not. I am still reserving judgement on that one. Since I had to leave Bend by 4am to catch my flight out from Redmond, I was uncertain whether I would attend. At the last moment I made the right choice and met up with Trevor and some guys to go over. I dressed up as an outlaw biker. That is to say, I wore nothing out of the ordinary. At Heather's party I was underimpressed with both the costumes and the people inside them. They wanted to play beer pong, but had no ping pong balls so I suggested a friendly game of flip cup. They wanted to know what that was. I died a little inside. Since I do be so very magnanimous in nature I taught them the proper way to play both team cup and survivor cup. Then I taught them how to play electricity. Both games proved to be popular. Heather was a gracious hostess, making many delightful snack treats and providing beer drinks after mine had run out. Around midnight I bid my new friends adieu and wandered back to the ranch where I showered, ate and packed my bags. Then I made the drive to the airport.

My flights from Oregon to Connecticut were nothing special, although the planes were all pretty empty so it was nice to have some room to lounge. This ended up being a stroke of luck, because sitting upright in those economy chairs turned out to be the only naps I would get for the duration of my trip. Tune in next time to see what crazy adventures were engaged in once Partius Maximus returned to the old country.

No comments: