Monday, January 5, 2009

Updaten

I realize that I have not been keeping you updated on my day to day drudgery of existence. Accept my apologies and allow me to remedy the situation. After the California/Arizona/New Mexico/Colorado trip I flew to Connecticut for Christmas. Big Momma got me socks. Cino got me a 2008 babe calendar. Heavily used. The Bossman beat me in a milk drinking competition. I saw a few of you. The ones I didn't, shame on you. I returned home to Bendover Oregon all too soon, and got back into the rock-climbing/nerd noveling/job search swing of things. I was invited to an interview with an internet marketing company called Audettemedia. The next day I was called back to meet the owners. I think the interviews went well. I was handsome at least. Hopefully something will come of these meetings, I could do worse for a 9-5er.

In recent days I have been drinking too often, too early and too long in a feeble attempt to quell the unease and frustration I feel. Only now do I realize what the problem is. Oregonians are happier than they have any right to be. They're all overly content and peaceful, accepting a lower pay grade than they are qualified for because they like the lifestyle and the area among other things. In the America I know noone would settle for such nonsense. Instead they will happily slit their competitions throats for a perceived step upwards. I miss that.

No comments: