Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving America

In a preemptory strike against your budding ridicule and rage over my not contacting you in the past week, I submit:
1. You've done just fine without me.
2. My writing opportunities were gravely blighted by the rigors of hosting guests
3. I've got the deathplague and I feel like poo.

Since last thursday I've been hosting Marissa Kay, who spent her thanksgiving break visiting Bend. This is actually where she was born, so I was but an ancilliary excuse, her focus being to see her relatives that live out here. I'm not proud America, feel free to use me in this way. As long as I get to see you I promise I will be satisfied.

We spent the week in a delicious mix of deviant sloth and hedonic activity. One day we wandered around downtown, one day we got lost in the Deschutes national forest. One night we had dinner with Marissa's grandma, that same night we bar hopped with her biological father. The day after that we remained in bed for many hours, cursing the gods for our discomfort. Other days we explored Boyd cave, a miles-long underground lava tube excitingly near the ranch, and did some sport climbing at inclimb at the old mill. Other activities included avoiding Steve-o, who is back for the holiday, and as crabby as ever. Since I was scheduled to work a morning shift every day this past week, I had the dubious pleasure of getting up early and working with miniature monsters on the rock wall while my guest slumbered peacefully in the fortress of solitude. This sleep deprivation, coupled with a poor diet, and various unhealthy activities is surely to blame for my current state of chi disbalance, resulting in a horrid cold.

While uncomfortable I must admit my raspy voice can only be described as sultry. Sexual sultry. Since my Fortress is once again solitudinous in nature, I bid you an excellent Thanksgiving day. I return now to my nerd novel.

Noteworthy Events:
1. I was introduced to a gentleman by the name of Paul Evers this week, who is the president of TBD advertising, a local ad agency that does work with several beer brewerys. He gave me his card and instructed that I get a hold of him for a meeting. I know what you're thinking. You're right. Dream jobbbbbbb.

2. I think i'm leaving the fortress of solitude, and moving into a place in town. My landlord is becoming unreasonable.

No comments: