Thursday, May 21, 2009

On the summertime

Hey. Come closer. Let me tell this to you.

On the day that was not today but was attached to today and was in the past, several factors combined to create a situation involving both friends and fun. I'm talking about a BBQ mother trucker!

I had the day off. The sun was shining. It was pay day. Marissa kay is visiting. You knowwww we went to the store where you can buy grapes and loaded up on BBQ fixings. Then we went home, and I made elk burgers, and Nick helped me make moose steaks, and we made pork chops and hamburgers for the unadventurous. Then lots of people came over and we ate until our eyes went glassy and our ears bled. Then I lay on the hammock, and both trampolines. (we have two. balllllin) Then we drank 1 million beers. Then Nick amazed everyone with his olympic grade gymnastic floor routines. Then I taught the Bendites how to play flip cup. Then I lost at flip cup. Then I tried to teach the Bendites how to play thumper. Then they didn't get it. Then I went to bed in a grumpy huff. Then there was a dance party I guess.

This morning I was awakened from my slumber at 7:30 by a cellphone call from a guy looking to buy my cruiser bicycle. Forced into motion by the opportunity to make a quick buck, I got out of bed and spent my wait until he arrived cleaning the party filth out of the house and garage. At this time I snuck into Drew's room to turn off the tv, since it had been screaming on the static channel all night, something he was completely unaware of, being in a greasy meat and booze induced man coma.

After concluding another successful craigslist inspired business transaction, I made some breakfast time treats and ran to the Harley dealership to grab a bike for the day. My original plan was to run down to Crater Lake with miss Marissa Kay, but it turns out that the northern route i'm familiar with is closed until mid-june due to the snow cover still blocking the higher elevations. I didn't want to take the southern route, since I fear change, so instead we made the quick run out to Smith Rock State Park, a world class rock climbing area just north of Redmond, for some hiking and sightseeing. It was gorgeous. And my legs are now so very tired. Trevor is out to dinner with our friend emily, Nick is next door smoking the sticky with Todd, and Drewmate and Marissa are downtown doing some yoga. I was invited to all these things, but I couldn't go. Cartoons are on.

No comments: