Monday, April 6, 2009

Mit wie hast du gesprochen?

Schlampen.

Since pay day fell on the weekend this past week, I was the one that was lucky because I was the one that is the person that received his thing that is a paycheck early. So obviously Saturday night my roomate Nick and I hit the town. We started with a few beers at JCs, where we were met by my friend Melissa from work and her girlfriend Hallie, who was visiting from Medford for the weekend (I've been there, they have a red lobster) (There are no red lobsters here in the desert) (Probably for the best).

Hallie is a cutie. After JCs we wandered to 28, which is a coffee shop during the day and then a bouncing hot spot bar for old people in the evening, where we met up with Bre and her new boyfriend Justin, and his father John. (ie. Old person) This place proved to be an entertaining diversion for a time, as there was a groovy jam jazz band playing, and really funny old people dancing very very poorly. Favorites of the night included small skinny grey haired man in purple turtleneck, and chubby old man in beret.

After 28, we split up, with plans to reconvene later. Bre and Justin went off too look for Drama-friends, Melissa and Hallie went to collect our buddy Curtis, and Nick and I went to the brew pub where he works for some cheap/free beers. At the brewery I engaged a converted vegetarian in congratulatory conversation, welcoming her back to the correct side of the food chain, and made bedroom eyes at a super sexy little thing named Chloe. (Cleo?) I don't remember, but she was foxy. Bre eventually found us and dragged us across the street, where he little brother's "punk" band was playing a show.

Musically, they were pretty tight, if a little bland, but my rage was piqued by their neo-emo, orange county, long hair and tight pants, girly man look. I will never understand such things. Why wouldn't every man want to look like a viking? What do they have against being awesome? In any case it was funny seeing tyler screaming and keytaring his little heart out while eleventeen year olds threw him their training bras in between crying in the bathroom because they just got their first periods and tampons hurt so much.

After suffering through 1.3 songs Nick and I bid Bre and Justin good night and enlisted the services of Minitruck II in bringing us to Timbers East aka redneck bar aka ghetto bar aka fight, because redneck and ghetto just don't mix well bar. While there, Curtis and Melissa played a little pool, I scammed on Medford Hallie and Nick gazed around in wide eyed wonder, having never seen a redneck ghetto fight bar. Then we went home. Then I slept for a couple hours. Then I went to work at the gym in the morning. There I was hung over. Then I napped. Then I finished nerd novel Ch. 14. Those are the things that I did.

No comments: