Friday, March 13, 2009

It appears the yard wolves have grown up.

Are we finally finished with the cold dead winters?

1. No. The cold dead winters continue, even though it was in the 50's today and while I was out in the parking lot at Harley uncrating some new bikes I was sporting a tshirt and a raging mega-huge boner for the warm weather.

Since today was the first day a lot of people took their bikes out since last season, we had a huge amount of whiny assholes clogging up the shop demanding we fix all the broken bits and pieces their bikes accumulated over a winter of heavy abuse and improper winterization. It would appear that they all stored their bikes at the same facility, I imagine someplace like "crazy eddies econobox storage shack" whos motto as you well know is "we break your shit." Either way, I got a ten dollar tip for washing some dudes bike. Bonus. ( I spent it already, I splurged and ate dinner today)

2. We don't really have yard wolves, just a yard Hank, and a massive herd of wild mule deer, who enjoy tapping my window with their slimy deer snouts and nibbling all of our carefully cultivated vegetation. (we don't cultivate shit) Most of the deer look pretty juvenile, although they are all fat and healthy and lustrously pelted. I guess the suburban life agrees with them. Who knew. There is one good sized buck, and a big old methusela grandma doe who has a pronounced limp, but no visibly broken bones, so maybe she's just got the ancient deer arthritis. Yesterday Nick and I were watching the yard deer wander around and do yard deer things, and gesturing to the slow old biddie he proclaimed his desire to sneak attack her and kill her with his teeth. Which is of course the very same thing I was thinking at that moment.

No comments: