Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 2: Bend Oregon Bends Over

Monday Sept 22 cont'd. The remainder of my first day was busy, but not exciting. Steve-o, my friend, my father figure, and my landlord picked me up from the airport, and brought me to my ranch. Technically, its his ranch. But he's never there. So its mine. My ranch. You go to the store and get your own ranch, this ranch is my ranch. I don't really feel like describing the place in detail, because im sure there will be photos online soon so you can see it for yourself. Or you can just come visit.

In any case the ranch is a smallish 3 bedroom house, with an attached garage, and a larger garage and a barn on either side. Above the larger garage is a small 1 bedroom apartment. I have decided to nest there. Lower energy costs you see. The ranch is situated on 12 acres of high desert scrub, which I share with some deer, coyotes, and 5 very pregnant horses that I assume somebody owns.

After satiating my OCD by unpacking and settling in, Steve-o brought me out to meet his friends and see the sights. He explained in detail that he is the king of Bend. How mistaken he is.

After parting ways with Steve-o at the end of the night, I immediately went to sleep. Actually I read some more of my nerd novel. Then I listened to the horses run around erratically. Hopefully they aren't giving birth soon, im not ready to be an uncle.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 23
Tuesday morning dawned bright and cold. There was frost on my balcony. So much for Summer.
After breakfast, Steve-o picked me up, and we went shopping. Being men, the shopping went quick. I purchased food, furniture, a computer, and a truck. Pictures of these will be available.
Through the course of our wanderings, I made a few aquaintances my age, and found a temporary job landscaping for 15 an hour cash, until I get settled and find an actual job. The conquering of my new country proceeds nicely.

With my new vehicle, I now had the freedom to explore. I visited the BMC motorcycle shop to visit some old friends. Then I went to MOB (the motorcycles of bend) dealership to make new ones. I assure you, they are badass. They invited me on a ride around town, but unfortunately Steve-o had let the registration on his bike expire. Being the gentleman I am, I went to the DMV and renewed it for him. In my name.

After their ride, I met up with the BMC and MOB guys at Stars. I would post pictures of that, but I think i'd be arrested had I taken any. Its a titty bar. The biker boys (and girls) are very well known there. I was roundly harrassed. I'm the new guy. Note: Stars does not employ its A-squad on tuesday night. At least I hope not. Woof.

I won't bore you with the gritty details, but my evening ended eventually and I finally went to bed back at my estate. I had to. I had work in the morning.

No comments: