Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 7and 8: Ohh yah bro.

Sunday, September 28. I hid in my fortress of solitude all day. I wrote nerd novel. I went insane.
Question. Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Monday, September 29. This was a good day. I got invited to an interview for a job running the cafe at a local country club. This gives me an opportunity to meet my sugar momma. I've decided I can be a trophy husband to some rich old bitty for a few years. I'm not proud.

I also fixed the brakes on the truck. It is now obedient. To celebrate, I went to good old Reede Pub to have a few drinks. I got a young lady's phone number. We scheduled a date. She has a roomate. From Germany. Good. Then I beat Steve-o at pool. He claimed he let me win. Then I beat Jami. She admitted to my ultimate superiority. Then they both beat me at tabletop shuffle board. Afterward I ate a rueben on rye and got farts, so I went home and watched Conan the Destroyer.

It turns out I could have watched any number of good movies, Jami has quite the collection. I opted to hide in my fortress of solitude. Here is Jami's story. Steve-o owns two properties in Bend, the ranch and a house in town. Jami used to rent a room in the house in town, along with two middle aged painter men. Those men, while friendly and clean, bicker constantly like small children. Jami complained, so Steve-o in his kind-hearted way offered to let her rent a room at the ranch. I'm sure the fact that she's about 30, slender, blonde, and a waitress at Starz had no influence on his decision. At least I have a friend to keep my company. That is the extent of my ruminations for the day.

The stars were beautiful tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tabletop shuffleboard? seriously?