Sunday, January 11, 2009

Queermo Sensuals

I knew things were bad America, but I had no idea how bad. I just saw a music video from a "Rock band" called The Academy Is. I'm not sure what the academy is, but it surely isnt rock and roll. As these anorexic looking tweeny boppers strutted around whining about love and how chocolate sooths their menstruation in jeans tight enough to show off the string from their tampons and the fact that they have never ever grown a pube I died a little inside. The 80's were bad enough with Glam rock and Hair metal turning men into question marks, but at least the music was fun and funny and at times wonderfully hard core with topics like whores and boobs and drugs and parties. These guys simply make me want to do violence, and I've never been inclined to beat women before.

Our parents created Rock in the 60's and perfected it in the 70's. Our older brothers almost ruined it in the 80's. We brought it back in the 90's and early 2000's. Was it dirty and simple? sure. But at least the men looked like men, and sometimes the women did too. This current generation however, has sunk to a new and unforseen low. Emo, goth, nu-rock, pop-rock whatever it is, tell it I hate it. Will this be the youth of America's legacy? I hope not. Tell all these bands to get off the stage, produce some hormones, grow a beard and some nut, buy clothing from the mens department and when they get back so help them they'd better actually rock. No more whining. No more love songs. Learn to play your instruments, lift some weights, eat some red meat, shoot some guns and be a man. Preferably a hilariously ugly one. Its Rock and Roll for Gods sake, not ballet.

Rockers still allowed to do their thing:
Zakk Wylde (aka the greatest rocker of all time)
Glenn Danzig
Henry Rollins
M. Shadow
You see what these men have in common? Theyre men. That's my only requirement.

No comments: