Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superbrawl Weekend

It all began on the dim, dated, undoutably misty, nearly mythological 31st of January, 2009. It was the thing that began. The thing that began was the weekend. I don't exactly remember what I did on friday, besides work, so I assume it was nothing special. If you, the reader, were with me on this day, and it was indeed spectacular then please forgive me for my lapse in memory.

On Saturday I had work in the morning, which was enjoyably busy, and then I went home and wrestled for a short period with CH.10 of the Nerd Novel, which as you well know has been frustratingly difficult to finish. (If you did not know that, now you do. And you should pay better attention, shame on you) In the evening I went over to Trevor's place in town for some competitive drinking and jam music sessioning and standing around a small, uncontrolled fire in the backyard while his friend Nathan vomited all over it. Pretty enjoyable.

Sunday morning I again had work until noon, and then napped for a little before the Super Bowl festivities began. Not being a fan of the Cardinals or the Steelers (are anyone?) I was more focused on fun than football watching, so I went to my buddy Drew's house (note: a potential third housing option, rather than fortress of solitude, or Drama/babe house) for some pool and beer pong and eating various grilled meats, and bro-ing out. At halftime I ran downtown to the bar to meet with the drama/babe house girls who looked delicious as usual, and as usual bored me withing 13 seconds of interacting with them. Returning to Drew's place for the rest of the game we played a massive 42 cup beer pong tournament late into the evening. After gorging myself on broken tortilla chips and guacamole dip I returned to the fortress of solitude, where I enjoyed a massive vomit fest in the bathroom. Pretty enjoyable.

Monday I lurked on the couch all day, fighting once again with Ch. 10 and somehow snapping the large tendon on the top of my right big toe like a cheddar cheese baked snack cracker in the mouth of that freak Jaws from the old James Bond movie. Unenjoyable.

No comments: