Monday, October 27, 2008

The King is back

I stole Steve-o's chopper again today. He made the mistake of thinking the new hiding place for his keys would remain unfound. I believe he underestimates my sneakiness. I didn't want to do it. Really. I had to. The weather said so. The road said so. The rushing drive for adventure coursing through my veins said so. The fact that i'm an asshole with little ability to pass up opportunities for fun said so. So I went.

There was no one around, just scrub and empty highway, and distant mountain peaks. Once I really got out into the desert I let it rip. Enough that the ride shook my mirrors out of position. They were shaking so hard I couldn't see anything in them anyway. I looked down at one point and the speedo was at 115 mph. Steve-o claims hes done 130 on the rigid. I'm not sure if I believe him, since the speedo max's at 120. Next time I guess I'll just have to race him and see.

No comments: