Sunday, October 19, 2008

Let me tell about saturday


That is where I write this blog. I am not in the photo.
Yesterday, Saturday October 18th was a very long day. After working until 9pm on Friday, and then drinking heavily of the beer while watching avatar: the last airbender cartoons in my lair I had to wake up early for work at 9am.
I got up and got ready, and after a scrumtrulescent breakfast I was actually feeling pretty darn good. The hippies out here eat this thing called granola, which appears to be a pile of twigs and grains and other crunchy bits with more fiber than one body could possibly handle. I could get used to this. I even got adventurous and changed from my gray uniform shirt to my black one. Both are the same size and brand, yet the black one seems smaller. I am forced to conclude that I became enormous overnight.
At the gym, I worked alongside this guy named brendan from 9-12. He's a relatively recent transplant to Bend too, having grown up in california. He talks like he grew up in california. After our shift, I reminded him that there was a big ski swap going on down on the west side of town, so we decided to go check it out. Since the prices ended up being just as high as if we were in an actual store instead of a flea market type venue, we settled on buying some pizza instead.
The pizza was AWESOME. I can't recall the name of the place, but it was a tiny little shop, like a sbarros almost with standing room only. Not knowing what to expect I ordered two slices of plain cheese and a can of dr. pepper. My total came to 7 dollars. A moment later my 'za was brought out from the ovens and my mind was boggled. The slices were huge! It took two paper plates side by side to keep one slice from dragging ooey gooey new york style cheesy goodness all over the counter top. Somewhat daunted by the task ahead of us, Brendan and I posted up on the tailgate of his truck and went at it. Pure pizza rapture followed. I am proud that we both finished our double helpings. I think it is safe to say that after this bonding experience, I now have an Oregon bro.
After lunch, I wheezed back to the ranch where I food coma-ed until I had to return to work. I worked again from 5 to 9, which nearly killed me with boredom. You can only climb so much in one day. By the end of the night I was playing floor hockey with a 10 year old, and I didn't even give him a chance. Once I finally clocked out, I returned home to change and get ready for my evening. While getting dressed I made the mistake of turning on the TV, and I noticed that avatar: the last airbender was on. This was compounded by the fact that my phone had died, making me miss brendan's call about going out meant that for the second night in a row I stayed home, drank of the beer, and watched cartoons.

No comments: